Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Career Shadowing

Monday June 30, 2008, the summer scholars listened to speakers and what we might be interested in when we attend college. There were many areas that we looked at such as study abroad, athletics and also student organizations. Women's UNO Basketball coach Patty Shearer caught my attention because of her live energy and creativity to get us pumped up. She told us about many jobs and volunteering opportunities that we could do within the basketball team with out actually playing. One of them were a marketing internship to learn how to promoted and advertise. Considering that marketing is a major thatI would like to pursue, the light bulb of opportunity flashed in my head. Hopefully with the correct networking I can make my way up to marketing outside of the college campus.
We also went to different locations to shadow individuals who worked in the field of our interest. I went to the Roskens HAll and was matched up with Mrs. Karen Smyth. She broke down the admissions process for us to be accepted to the College of Business and Administration and also the academic requirements that we would have to carry through the year. This was a good experince for me to create another network for myself and be able to have a direct person to contact whenI need valuable information.

No comments: